Thursday, February 28, 2008

Potty Time... ( excellent !)

The tile guys finally got the tile actually ordered (even if it wasn't what we originally picked) and installed, so we could start getting the bathroom put together. It's kept me fairly busy this week. Reminder of how it looked last week...

We filled the holes in drywall from the old light, painted the bathroom grey, and I installed this cool new light fixture..
(We painted the first coat Saturday, another coat Sunday, and installed the light Sunday)



The new floor tile looked really good - but they left the edges rough to the baseboard - so I had to add quarter round molding to finish it.
(Monday night I cut, stained and installed the 1/4 round)

Since the toilet was pulled out along with the flooring to dry out the sub-floor, we bought a new toilet.
I got it mostly installed Monday night, except that this potty is an inch taller than the old one -- so the supply line we had was too short.. Since it was about midnite by the time I was done with the trim and the potty - that had to wait til the next day.

Tuesday night we went to Lowe's and got the water line, so I finished hooking the potty up. (Then spent most of the evening fishing stereo wire in the basement and getting the theater hooked back up.)
Wednesday Night I touched up a few spots where the paint was goofed, and then installed this new faucet.
I think it looks prett decent.. Nowe if we can just get the shower door reinstalled, we'll be all set...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much fun!!!! I kinda miss doing home improvement type stuff -- haven't done that since my townhouse in Hawaii.

The floor guys should've removed your baseboard before installing the tile -- I'm surprised they didn't do that. But the quarter-round you installed looks AWESOME and you did a great job matching the stain colors!

Way to go Pete!

Anonymous said...

Excellent!!!! You had mad skills! - maybe you'll have your own show on HGTV one day.....well - maybe not....so - we need an entire house built.... think you could work us in?

Anonymous said...

umm...my dining room needs quarter-round from our wainscoting project last spring - think you can teach my husband via webcam?