Sunday, February 10, 2008

Masquerade... ...into the wild blue yonder.

It might surprise you to know that there are families out there that did not spend most saturday mornings cleaning the house while the Phantom of the Opera blared throughout the entire house. No, I don't mean they listened to "Porgy and Bess" or "West Side Story" instead. I mean they didn't listen to any music at all.. Or worse -- they listened to Country and Western.
Jenn came from one of these such families. Musicals were for weirdos. So about eight years ago, as we were cleaning out our junk - we came across my CD of the original cast of Phantom. Maybe I was just embarrassed to be one of those musical weirdos, so I just tossed it.. But as I recall, she looked at that CD and said "What do we need that for? You don't ever listen to it anyway..."
>>>> fast-forward to a week ago >>>>
So we went to see the Broadway Across America production of Phantom last week... and Jenn loved it... as a matter of fact -- she can't stop singing it.. The only problem is, it comes out something like this:
( to the tune of "Off we Go (Air Force song) ):
Mas-que-rade, dah-dah de daah daah daah dum!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA!!! is she turning into a Carter yet? I'm still working on it. I have enjoyed all the musicals I have seen so I'm getting there :)

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! I just came across the program from the first musical I remember going to -- Brigadoon -- Grams and Grampa took us to it at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, FL

I still have the CD to this musical....

Anonymous said...

no no
it's masquerade! painted faces on parade - masquerade!